Looking for impeccable quality and ancestral know-how, it is in Peru that we have researched our first 3 yarn qualities. The animals living conditions are optimal there: alpacas and sheeps are raised in the Peruvian Andes with respect for the environment.
ALPACA fibers does not contain lanolin, making it quasi-hypoallergenic. It is resistant and no other animal fiber offers this variety of colors: more than 16 recognized natural shades.
BABY ALPACA fibers are collected in the neck of the animal, where they are the most beautiful and sweet.
MERINO fibers, the finest in the world, are comfortable, durable and has the distinction of not prick skin. Suitable for sensitive skin, merino is the perfect yarn for toddlers.
• Wool is a living material that is flexible, light and durable.
• Wool is hygienic: it does not retain dust and it is not dirty.
• Wool insulates and protects from the cold: its structure allows it to lock up a large amount of air, which gives it a great insulating power.
• Wool has outstanding properties with respect to the regulation and transfer moisture: it can absorb 30 to 40% of its weight in moisture, 20 to 30 times higher than most synthetic.
• Wool is 100% biodegradable: when it is no longer useful nor sheep, nor man, it can be composted and thus fertilize land.
• Wool is a renewable raw material: every year, wool regrowth after mowing. Its production requires little energy because sheep are raised in open air.
Some of our yarns must be washed by hand.
- Washing: immerse your knitting in a basin of water or soapy water cut with a special laundry "wool". By adding a half conditioner cap, wool will be even more soft and supple. Rinse gently with warm water without bending.
- Drying / blocking: put your knitting on a towel,, roll knitting and towel together by pressing gently so water is well absorbed by the towel. Do not wring, do not twist. Then put your knitting flat on a second dry towel and let it dry in open air.
Some of our wools are machine washable at 30 ° C maximum, but only if your machine has a wool program / difficult (if not, wash your wool by hand). To then dry your wool garment, have it flat on a towel to dry in open air.
REMOVE STAIN ON YOUR KNITTING
We invite you to gently rub the task with soap. So let put soap for 45-60 minutes then rinse with fresh water. Let dry your knitting as explained above.